how to set up the icon search path

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Jun 7 20:38:28 BST 2005

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 June 2005 18:36, LeVA wrote:
>
>>2005. jĂșnius 7. 18:11,
>>Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>
>>
>>-> kde at mail.kde.org,:

>>>kde-config --path icon
>>
>>okay, thanks, but how can I change this?
>

> You can add base directories to the KDEDIRS environment variable.
> See http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/fsh.php

Hi Kevin:

I tried this, I added:

	[Directories]
	data_icon=/usr/share/pixmaps

to my global: "kdeglobals" and it doesn't appear to work.

Do I have the above correct?

The GNOME icons don't show up in the: "Select Icon" dialog. :-(  I
presume this is because it only shows icons in the listed directories.

So, I added the name of an icon in "pixmaps" by editing a 'desktop' file
and that didn't work either.

I would presume that this is a bug.

It appears to me that KDE should look for: $KDEDIR/share/pixmaps without
configuration and that this (the icons in the base pixmaps directory)
should be shown as: "pixmaps" in the: "Select Icon" dialog.

--
JRT