KDE hangs on login

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 20:00:26 BST 2005

Emerging the world is dangerous, thus I never do it. Though you said
this happens in each version of KDE, which leads me to believe that
the issue may not be specific to any upgrades done to KDE. Though I
may very well be wrong there.

What happens when you attempt to start KDE from the command line or
when you run startx?

Also, have you looked at you x.org log?

On 6/2/05, Wolf Goetze <wolf at goetze.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 June 2005, Justin Denick <justin.denick at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What upgrade/change/s/ did you make before this began happening?
> Unfortunately, I'm not too sure about that since I do not log out very
> often, so I had been making changes for about a week when I noticed the
> problem. I recall changing the X configuration as I installed a second
> graphics card, but reversing that did not help. Also, I have tried a
> complete emerge -e world, but that was no use either.
>
> Wolf

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain