Hotmail/Yahoo/Webbase Mail Checker

John Layt johnlayt1 at yahoo.co.nz
Sun Jul 31 21:35:46 BST 2005

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:57, LeRoy DeVries wrote:
> Is there such a animal for Linux?

Yep, a whole bunch of 'em.  Most of them run as a daemon in the background,
pretending to be a pop3 server that your normal mail client can download
from.  Some do Yahoo, some do Hotmail, some do both.

Ones I'm aware of off the top of my head:

YahooPops - does Yahoo - http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

hotwayd - does hotmil - http://hotwayd.sourceforge.net/

Your distro may already have packages for them.  I can't recall the one that
does both Hotmail and Yahoo, but a little Google should track it down.

John.