[KDE3.4] Applets doesn't stay in topscreen bar

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Jul 28 17:01:28 BST 2005

not sure which of the several lists this was cross posted to to respond to, so
i'm just picking the most general one, though i'm not sub'd to it, so please
CC me on replies, if any

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 10:04, Arnaud wrote:
> But today I accidentally removed an applet of the panel (I added a new
> one, thought it was not usefull and accidentally selected the wrong
> applet to drop from the bar). So I added it again to the bar and did not
> notice any problem. After restarting my computer, I surprisingly noticed
> the applet had not start. Adding it again make it stay for the session,
> but when I logout, I loose the applet in the bar.
>
> I have removed all the applets from the bar, changed to a default style
> (not OsX like) and then I went back to my OsX bar with applets but they
> still don't want to stay :(

i'm not particularly sure what you mean by "OsX bar". do you mean the menu
bar? if so this was fixed post-3.4.0 so if you update to a later version you
should get the fix.

> What's wrong ? Where does KDE saves its panel configuration ?

in `kde-config --localprefix`/share/config/ there are a few files. the main
one is kickerrc, but you'll have one for each additional panel and applet.

--
Aaron J. Seigo