tld guessing in konqueror?

David P James davidpjames at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:33:17 BST 2005

On Thu 28 July 2005 07:50, LeVA wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a feature in konqeror like in mozilla, that if you type in
> an URL like google, then it guesses (actually probes) the tlds for
> that domain, so the browser will end up loading the google.com url?

Under Settings | Configure Konqueror then Web Shortcuts you can select
"Google I'm feeling lucky" from the 'Default search engine' dropdown
list. Unfortunately that also has the effect of overriding the regular
Google search in the search bar. You can also use the "Google I'm
feeling lucky" shortcut in the url bar (or the search bar), which is
'ggl:<search string>' so typing

ggl:kde

in either the url or search bar would take you to http://www.kde.org

HTH,