KMail problem

mark at neidorff.com mark at neidorff.com
Mon Jul 25 16:01:29 BST 2005

Hi Folks,

I'm running the current KDE under FedoraCore 3.  My kmail version is
1.7.1.  I have had no problems with kmail up to now.  Now when I start
kmail and it tries to get my mail is gives me the error "Unable to start
service pop3".
I'm running my own mailserver using qmail and I followed the instructions
in the qmailrocks.org site for setting up qmail with spamassassin, clamav,
vpopmail, etc.  The system has worked beautifully up to now.  I confirm
that I can receive mail because I can see the mail via squirrelmail (web
interface).
When I run qmailctl, I see all services running normally.  When I check
the logs (maillog, and the qmail logs) I find no errors.

Would someone please direct me as to how to solve the problem that I have?

Many thanks,

Mark