Install qt4 alongside qt3 ?

Basil Fowler bjfowler at chanzy.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 23:27:21 BST 2005

Hello Mikhail,

I have used differing versions of qt.  The technique I used was this:

I compiled the version of qt that I wanted, making certain that in the
'configure' file, I set the $prefix parameter to a specific directory that
served as a label for the version ( such as qt-3.3 ).  I compiled and
installed according to the instructions.

I then set up a syslink /usr/lib/qt -> /usr/lib/qt-3.3 and set the environment
variable QTLIBS = /usr/lib/qt.

So when I wanted to change the version of qt, all I had to do was to change
the symlink to point to the other version.

Hope this helps.

Basil