KDE-Cygwin Xclient not talking to Cygwin Xserver

Ross MacGillivray ross_macgillivray at yahoo.ca
Mon Jul 11 18:43:15 BST 2005

 Having managed to work my way around the ksocket binding error mentioned in an earlier posting by using a managed mount, I am now getting the following error from kdeinit on Cygwin (see below at end of listing):

winPointerWarpCursor - Discarding first warp: 400 300
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_lock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winInitMultiWindowWM - pthread_mutex_unlock () returned.
winInitMultiWindowWM - DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
winProcEstablishConnection - Hello
winProcEstablishConnection - Clipboard is not enabled, returning.
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
/
winMultiWindowXMsgProc - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
winInitMultiWindowWM - XOpenDisplay () returned and successfully opened the display.
kdeinit: Launched DCOPServer, pid = 1028 result = 0
DCOP: register 'anonymous-1028' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'anonymous-1028'
kdeinit: Launched KLauncher, pid = 224 result = 0
DCOP: register 'klauncher' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: new daemon klauncher
kdeinit: Launched KDED, pid = 3436 result = 0
DCOP: register 'kded' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: unregister 'kded'
DCOP: register 'kded' -> number of clients is now 1
DCOP: register 'anonymous-3436' -> number of clients is now 2
kio (KDirWatch): Available methods: Stat
kdeinit: Got EXT_EXEC 'kbuildsycoca' from launcher.
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage
kio (KLauncher): kbuildsycoca (pid 1076) up and running.
winMultiWindowXMsgProcErrorHandler - ERROR: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Unknown ClientMessage
Unknown ClientMessage

As can be seen in the listing above the Xserver is opening correctly and it is apparently talking to the Cygwin Xserver. The Xserver is visible in the windows XP system tray, but there is no KDE windows visible in the Xserver only the grey root display.

How do I configure my choice of window manager with KDE on Cygwin and could that be the problem here?

/Ross