[faq] fixing a b0rked K Menu

Gábor Lehel illissius at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:48:23 GMT 2005

I was asked on IRC a few days ago to write a(n) FAQ entry, after
having borked my K Menu and spent a few hours figuring out how to fix
it, to make the solution more widely available. I don't know where to
submit this (or even where these FAQs are located, googling "faq
site:kde.org" didn't turn up anything of much relevance), so I'll just
send it here and hopefully someone will notice it and move it to the
appropriate place.

Question: I have managed to mess up my K Menu somehow (f. ex., removed
all the items ;). Is there any way I can fix it?
Answer: Rename or remove the hidden directory ".config" in your home
directory, then run the command "kbuildsycoca". This will (should)
regenerate the default menu.