Why GTK+ will prevail, and what needs to be done

andrew kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 29 09:00:13 GMT 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 10:45 -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I have to wonder if they will use either of these (Qt or GTK+) since
> it
> would be much easier to just use MainWin:

This is the sort of product that may be suitable for vertical market
apps where each end user pays $3000/per quarter for support maintenance
and upgrades but it is hardly a solution for the average developer.

Apart from that it seems to be a bit of a con; A system that allegedly
produces native linux apps yet they need the mainwin runtime??? Its like
calling the visualbasic runtimes "VB virtual machines!
Never fear Oz-con software enterprises is releasing WinMainliner (tm) it
works just like winmain but with wine renamed to 'winmainliner runtime
and *IT* doesnt need 6 months to port your windows code.

andrew