Setting a default browser

Carl William Spitzer IV cwsiv at access-4-free.com
Tue Jan 25 14:34:34 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 17:06, Justin Denick wrote:
> Which conf file would best be suited for setting firefox as my default
> browser in KDE 3.2.3?
> Or is there a GUI I'm just not seeing?

In Suse for the last two versions 9.1 and 9.2 I just found out which
browser it used by goind online then I cheated.
I used which to find it and as root backed up that file and created a
symbolic link of the same name to my preferred browser.

Same thing if you want to test a beta of OOo or some other and keep the
current in place.  I just did this with gpg because the updated version
is a tar file.

Remember in linux there are usually 6 ways to do something.
--