konqueror/fish with small file sizes

jason.ronallo at gmail.com jason.ronallo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 17:44:51 GMT 2005

Hey,
I'm experiencing a strange behaviour with using fish with konqueror. I
can upload all files to the remote machine just fine.  I can download
and open files with sizes greater than or equal to 1KB. When I try to
access  on the remote machine a file smaller than 1kb the copying
progress window says 100%, the sizes match, but it stalls and doesn't
give access to the file. While the copying progress window is open,
the tmp file is still marked with .part, but the whole file is there
as far as I can tell.

I duplicate this by creating a text or image file that is 1023bytes
and one that is 1KB and except for a few extra characters or pixels
they are exactly the same.  The 1KB file downloads with fish just
fine, the 1023byte file stalls out.

I tried googling and searching the kde bug database, but didn't turn
up anything that sounds like this problem. Is this a known problem
that I'm just unable to find something on? Any ideas?  Can anyone
reproduce this?

--Jason