Konqueror respawning when accessing a website

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Jan 22 16:54:03 GMT 2005

Hi All,

i've been having problems with konqueror for a couple of releases of KDE on
SuSE 9.1 and SuSE 9.2.

If i click a link in an email in Kmail or load konqueror and enter a URL and
press enter, it will keeps respawning itself without actually getting to the
desired page (www.bbc.co.uk was used to test), the only way for me to kill
the it is to hold Alt F4 down until it stops.
I've tried removing the files in .kde/share/config
and .kde/share/apps/konqueror etc but it still happens.
When i upgraded from SuSE 9.1 to 9.2 i preserved my home drive so ~/.kde is
the same.
Does anyone have any pointers as to which file may be the problem? I can only
assume its anotehr configuration file at fault.

thanks in advance.

regards

Ian