konqueror's multicolum column size

Andrew Kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 20 20:11:29 GMT 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 07:55 pm, yourself wrote:
> Yes, i've tried using a smaller font, it really isn't a remedy. Neither is
> the option to use multi-lines. And no, i really like the multicolumn so i
> can't use something else :-))

And aren't you a picky pedantic fellow :-)  Multilines not good enuff, small
font nope, list views nope!  From the sounds of how wide you want it u would
only get one column anyhow so why dont you use a list view with large icon
size? It looks the same. Nup! How about using a font like arial-narrow? Hmm!
I know! use multicolumn but select the LARGEST icons you can so it is using
the 128pixel icons; This will give you multicolumn with 4  inches or so of
text but in the icon 128 pixel folder replace the icons with 32 bit ones; Now
you will have super wide multicolumn with normal size icons and you didn't
even have to recompile!
 The posts are starting to get strange so maybe I'm asleep, time to go to
bed...Yawn!!!

--
regards,
andrew