Konqueror launching firefox

Nathan Weston elbows at spamcop.net
Wed Jan 12 13:36:46 GMT 2005

I recently switched from Konqueror to Firefox for my web browser. I set it as
my browser in the control center (KDE Components -> Component Chooser -> Web
Browser, open http urls in: firefox), so that it opens when I click on links
in kmail.
However, I still want to run konqueror on occassion, and now it's broken --
when I enter a URL in the konqueror address bar, it launches firefox to open
the page!

Is there any way to work around this? I've tried using the "in an application
based on the contents of the url" setting, but this makes KDE download the
file and open a local copy with firefox -- which is usually not what I want.

I'm running KDE 3.3 on Debian unstable.

Thanks,
Nathan