octet-stream

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 13:25:57 GMT 2005

Nicolas
I had that problem  a while  ago and got help here. The email has gone though.

From memory.
Go to control centre - kde components - file associations. Create a new
application called "octet-stream"  Just add the name leave everything else
blank and check 'Use settings for 'application group'.
This should cure the problem. Please let me know either way so I have another
mail for reference.
I had the problem after several months use of suse9. Think it was due to the
installation of some package or a suse update. I'm getting paranoid about
suse updates.

Regards all
John