kmid

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Fri Jan 7 04:05:50 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 04:35, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Bob Stia wrote:
> > Hello KDE people,
> >
> > I have never been able to play a midi file.  Now running SuSE 9.2
> > on a x86_64 platform. (new install, new hardware, KDE 3.3.2, via on
> > board sound chip)  I give this info because on the old system (SuSE
> > 8.2, KDE 3.2, and a Soundblaster card) I could not either.

> > If I open Kmid in a terminal I get the message "no midi ports" when
> > I try to open the file.
>
> The app KMID is a front end for MIDI HARDWARE.  If you don't have a
> hardware synthesizer, you can use KMIDI which is a KDE front end for
> TiMIIDIty, or you can use TiMIDIty directly.

Hello James,

Thanks for replying.  There is no such thing as Kmidi anymore. It has
been merged into Kmid in newer versions of KDE and has been
discontinued. I can bring up Timidity graphically but there is no way
that I can see to load a .mid file.

Soooo, I guess that leaves me where I started.  If anyone can tell me
how to get Kmid working I would be very grateful.

Bob S.