Konqueror not working with certain sites

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Jan 6 23:51:18 GMT 2005

Chris Gow wrote:

> On January 6, 2005 05:46 pm, Chris Gow wrote:

> > I've noticed that Konq doesn't seem to display certain web sites correctly.
> > The two sites I've noticed are gmail and gmane (loom).

> > In both cases it seems to be Javascript errors.

Visit in Moz and you'll see plenty errors in the JS console.

> > http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.tolug/last=/force_l
> >oad=t: TypeError: Undefined value

> > Does anyone else have these problems with either site? Should I file a bug
> > report?

> Would probably find it helpful if I mentioned what I was running:

> kde 3.3.2 (precompiled from Suse)
> Suse 8.2

The bug is in the site. It's loaded with invalid CSS
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgmane.org%2Fimg%2Fgmane.css&usermedium=all
and invalid HTML
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.gmane.org%2Fgroup%2Fgmane.org.user-groups.linux.tolug%2Flast%3D%2Fforce_l
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/