kmid

Bob Stia rnr at sanctum.com
Wed Jan 5 06:26:03 GMT 2005

Hello KDE people,

Hope this has not been discussed to death already. Googled but didn't
find anything of value and am new to this list.

I have never been able to play a midi file.  Now running SuSE 9.2 on a
x86_64 platform. (new install, new hardware, KDE 3.3.2, via on board
sound chip)  I give this info because on the old system (SuSE 8.2, KDE
3.2, and a Soundblaster card) I could not either.

I have Timidity also installed. Kmid opens and then I can load a file to
play. Just sits there and does nothing. At least on the old system it
acted as if it were playing but no sound came out.

If I open Kmid in a terminal I get the message "no midi ports" when I
try to open the file.

Really hope somebody here has an answer for me.

Thanks, Bob S.