Menu font sizes

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Jan 3 04:27:09 GMT 2005

Bob Stia wrote:

> the BIG question, when one goes to change a font from the dozens of them
> in the menu, how do you determine if it is a ttf or a bit map ??

Generally in the size picker the bitmap sizes will have random gaps of
missing sizes, while scalable fonts should have no gaps before reaching
large sizes. Looking at Helvetica (bitmap) right now, I see 5 7 8 9 11
12 13 16 17 23, while at Bitstream Vera Sans (TTF) I see 4-20 22 24 26
28 32 48 64.
--
"The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,
but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God."

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/