printing two or more pages at one side

Lars Weste lweste at gmx.de
Mon Feb 28 12:47:05 GMT 2005

> > On Thursday 24 February 2005 08:19, you wrote:
> > > Hi kde users,
> > > sorry if i wasn't clear enough. i can see the whole document and i
can

> > > print 1 page per sheet but not more than one page per sheet from kde

> > apps.
> > > from acroread i can print more than one page on a sheet.
> > >

> > Hmmm! Neither acroread nor xpdf have options in their print dialog to
> > print
> > more than 1 page/sheet. Actually they dont have printer drivers at
all;
> > you
> > need to type in the name of a print system. If they have kprinter here

> > then
> > all your kde apps will also let you print multiple pages.
> >
> > On the other hand the kde printer system does let you choose
pages/sheet

> > in
> > two ways. Firstly in the standard kde print dialog if you choose
> > properties
> > you can specify 2,3 or 4 pages a sheet.
> > Alternatively you can select one of the kde print filters that have
been

> > supplied ; there are two that do multipage/ sheets. I think all use
> > enscript
> > or a similiar package
> >
> > So either your print system is badly misconfigured or you have not
> looked
> > at
> > the dialog options carefully. Also read the kdeprint handbook and look

> at
> > putting a print icon on your desktop that runs kprinter; that way you
> can
> > just drop any file on it you want printed and it will print according
>
> > the
> > options you have set including x-pages/sheet.
> >
> Hi andrew and others,
>
> i tried the filters in the filters list. The "multiple pages per sheet
> filter" prints the pages in full size on top of each other and the other

> "pamphlet printing (use with small side duplex printing)" prints two
pages

> side by side but not ordered in that way i need it.
> if i do not configure these filters or others and use the properties
> "pages per sheet" configuration option the printer spits out white
pages.

Hi list,

just experimented a bit with kghostview and tried to figure out my
problem. didn't solved it, but made some observations:

printing a document with 2 pages per sheet, configured at the properites
dialog of kprinter using the following command works:
kprinter <filename.pdf>
this brings up the kprinter dialog, i configure as always, and i get
sheets of papers out of the printer with two or more pages per sheet.

using kghostview <filename.pdf> to watch the pdf file and then using the
printer button to print it out also shows up the kprinter dialog. if i
activate the preview button, the preview shows only one page per sheet,
not two as it should be. If I have a 6 pages pdf file, i get 6 empty pages
out of the printer, not 3 as it should be.

kind regards
lars

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail