nuvola icons in by default

Andy Teijelo PĆ©rez espino at infomed.sld.cu
Tue Feb 22 17:47:09 GMT 2005

El Martes, 22 de Febrero de 2005 12:40, somekool at gmail.com escribiĆ³:
> its a lot easier to select them from kcontrol than downloading them
> and going through the assle installing them.
>
> just ship it with kdeartwork, this optional package should be a lot bigger
>
> just my two cents.

I disagree. I don't think it should be so big. In fact, I think there are some
old set of icons and wallpapers that could be removed from the kde standard
distribution. I think a small set of reasonable and good-looking themes
should come with kde, and the user should look on the net for the other
eye-candy he might want.
I dont't want to see kde (and therefore the distributions that ship it which
are quite a few) grow madly just because of artwork. The smaller kde is, the
easier it will be for everyone who wants to get it.
Should kde come with all wallpapers, noatun themes, kwin decorations, sound
themes and icon sets that come up everyday in www.kde-look.org? I think the
answer is not.

My two cents also.

PS: I'm not saying anything about Nuvola. I think it's a great set of icons
and I will be just as pleased with it as I am with Crystal.