How to associate filetype in konqueror

airplays55 at yahoo.com airplays55 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 04:59:30 GMT 2005

I've written a perl songplayer program that I want to
use when I click on a link to a midi file in
konqueror.

I've gone into file associations and updated the
mimetype audio/x-midi (for filename pattern *.mid)
with the command /path/to/play.pl %u. But when
clicking on a midi link (that I put on my localhost to
eliminate delay), the cursor acts busy for awhile and
the task bar shows "play.pl" with the rotating
hourglass and nothing happens.

My program is an X program that displays a playlist
window, and I never see it appear.  What am I doing
wrong?