Help!

Finch, Darren Darren.Finch at Thomascook.com
Fri Feb 18 12:08:48 GMT 2005

Many thanks for the help.

I created the account and copied the Mail folder into darren/Mail as you suggested - and changed the owner to darren:users from root:root.

I now can see all the folders I created but the contents are blank (even the inbox)

Almost there I guess !

-----Original Message-----
From: SnapafunFrank [mailto:Frank at snapafun.co.nz]
Sent: 18 February 2005 11:50
To: kde at mail.kde.org
Subject: Re: [kde] Help!

Finch, Darren wrote:

>A few days ago I tar'd up my user/Mail and user/Favorite directories so that I could rebuild the machine.
>
>I have since installed Suse 9.2 and have tried to get Kmail to see the untar'd Mail folder (from the tarball) but I cannot get it too see anything in there!
>
>Please help there are one or two bits of email that I really do no want to loose.
>
>Many TIA

>Thomas Cook - The ultimate expert in leisure travel, visit us at
>
>www.thomascook.com or tune in to Thomas Cook TV on Sky
>Digital Channel 645 or ntl:home channel 857 or visit us at...
>
>www.jmc.com www.tcsignature.com www.style-holidays.co.uk
>www.neilson.co.uk www.club18-30.com www.flythomascook.com
>www.flexibletrips.com www.sunset-holidays.com
>www.roomsandhotels.com
>
>This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for
>the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying,
>distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited
>and may be a criminal offence. Please delete if obtained in error.
>Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
>sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be
>the views of Thomas Cook UK Ltd.

I believe you need to make a new account within kmail then copy your
untared file into it manually. At least this is what I need to do with
many other email clients.

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213