Desktop-automation?

Gary L. Greene Jr. greeneg at arklinux.org
Mon Feb 14 22:26:09 GMT 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 5:01 pm, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Monday 14 February 2005 19:45, Gary L. Greene Jr. wrote:
> > Although a more n00bie friendly scripting solution like that in Tiger
> > could be very much of use...
>
> I am afraid that doesn't mean anything to me.
> Do you have some explaination for me?
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

In Mac OS X Tiger, they've taken Applescript to a new level with Automator. It
doesn't require the user to learn scripting languages, all they need to do is
drag and drop the component and action to the various panes and select a few
parameters from a few combo boxes and it does all the dirty work for you. An
app like this for KDE would send it leaps ahead of other UNIX desktops. See
the following URL for more info.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/automator.html

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
Sent from uriel

Developer and Project Lead for the Ark Linux Project
 check out http://www.arklinux.org/ for more info.
 Also http://www.csis.gvsu.edu/~greeneg/
EMAIL : greeneg at arklinux.com