Konqueror strange behaviour

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Feb 14 20:41:00 GMT 2005

 On Sunday 13 Feb 2005 04:44, Anshul wrote:
> hi all!
> i am using gentoo and have kde3.3. I am facing this strange problem with
> konqueror that whenever i type in some url and enter, a new window of
> konqueror is initialised but it never opens up and the process id of this
> konqueror also keeps on changing with time, so when i tried to kill this
> process using
>
> [code]
> kill -9 <process id.>
> [/code]
>
> ........the id is already changed to another one....it goes on
> inceasing....and i am never able to kill it. at one instant it was like
> this when i did
>
> [code]
> ps -x
> [/code]
>
> [code]
> 20802 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 20803 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 20804 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 20805 ?        R      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 20806 ?        R      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 20807 pts/2    R+     0:00 ps -x
> [/code]
>
> later on doing ps -x it became...its acting as if a virus attack
>
> [code]
> 21566 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 21567 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 21568 ?        S      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 21569 ?        R      0:00 kdeinit: kfmclient openURL http://10.6.1.10/
> 21570 pts/2    R+     0:00 ps -x
> [/code]
>
> so the id's got changed....can someone help me out.

A few of us have got the same problem.  There's a bug listed in bugs.kde for
it and it needs votes before they will do anything about it.  My problem has
survived an upgrade from KDE 3.1 to KDE 3.2 to KDE3.3.x. (one of those
upgrades was done after a fresh install of SUSE 9.2 but with my ~/.kde from
9.1)
I have asked about this problem here as I wanted to find all the files related
to the configuration of Konqueror but no-one was able to offer any advice.
I've deleted all the ones i could find or guess and it made no difference.