how create boot CD with k3b?

Gerhard den Hollander gdenhollander at fugro-jason.com
Sun Feb 13 12:50:49 GMT 2005

* Zé <mmodem00 at netvisao.pt> (Sun, Feb 13, 2005 at 11:16:35AM +0000)

>>> But its not that easy because i need to create a boot cd, of course there
>>> boot images, but theres the problem, because i need to add the bios file
>>> and flash to be able to change my bios version.

>> Very likely this requires a DOS bootdisk, most flash tools don't work under
>> Linux, so a Linux boot disk wouldn't help you much.

> Tere howto's on how tocreate boot disks under linux, i cant get what u said.
> what i said id that k3b doesnt have an option to create a boot disk

You seem to be missing the point.
It looks like you want to flash a bios .
To flash a bios you will liekly need a DOS bootdisk (bootfloppy) as the
actual flash installer is a dos program.

If you want to make a bootable CD (either DOS or linux or ..) k3b can do
this for you, just use the boot-image option under project.

Currently listening to: Track04

	Gerhard,  [faliquid at xs4all.nl]   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	The sword of CharleMagne the Just,