removing the trashcan

Rainer Wirtz rainer.wirtz at gmx.de
Wed Feb 9 21:36:07 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 9. Februar 2005 18:46 schrieb Rob van Riel:
> Mostly, I like the KDE environment, but there's one part of it I
> really, really hate: the trashcan. When I delete a file, I want it
> gone, out of my system, off my harddisk. I don't want it lurking in
> some obscure directory, waiting to get in the way should I wish to
> delete another file with the same name, and taking up space. I know
> there's an option in konqueror to bypass the trashcan, but I want
> this to be the default action when I hit delete. Is there any way to
> accomplish that, or better yet, get rid of the entire trashcan
> altogether?
>
> Thanks for any help

How about emptying the trashcan automatically on every login?
Save the attached file into your Autostart folder and make it
executable.
Should work with all versions.

I prefer this over either having to click "OK" anytime I delete s/th or
to every now and then delete s/th for good that I didn't intend to
delete.

Rainer