KMail doesn't decrypt pgp encrypted messages

Christian Mueller cmueller at gmx.de
Mon Feb 7 23:06:45 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 7. Februar 2005 23:57 schrieb Steve Turnbull:
> On Monday 07 February 2005 22:50, Christian Mueller wrote:

> > Try this howto, it seems to be for KMail >= 1.7:
> > http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html
> >
> > Especially the following is important:
> > "Starting with KDE-3.3 you can add the gpg-agent command in
> > ~/.kde/env/gpgagent.sh (the filename doesn't matter).
> > The contents of ~/.kde/env/ is sourced by startkde.
> >
> > As you have noticed, the gpg-agent command must have been executed
> > in the environment kmail is started from.  The above makes sure
> > it is, and only once per KDE session.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Christian.
>
> Thanks *very* much for this - all seems to be working now :-)
>
> Steve

That's good to hear.

The funny thing is, in the meantime I checked my own system (Debian Sarge),
and I didn't have to configure it that way.  It worked out of the box.
Here the gpg-agent is started in the file
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xfree86-common_ssh-agent
which is part of the xfree86-common package.

Cheers,
Christian.