How to Display Date and Time in the active window title?

andrew kar akar3d at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 4 08:06:52 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:58 pm, Gerhard den Hollander wrote:
> Well, not with dcop, but you can do it the old fashioned 1992 way
> (this worked on a convex with tcsh 5.something, and still works under
> linux)

Yes I think Gerhard has the right idea in using the old X methods. I think
most kde apps let you change their caption. Just as a quick test I tried
opening a kedit with the title changed to date/time but it opened 4 kedits
with parts of the date/time in each delimited by where their was a space. I
had only a few minutes but I'm sure you could do it with a mixture of the old
way and dcop..... Nothing is impossible; just bound by time/effort to
returns.

--
regards,

andrew