How can I get KDE to leave the background alone?

stan stanb at panix.com
Thu Feb 3 23:30:21 GMT 2005

I'm trying to convert from Gnome (1.4) to KDE (3.7).

In Gnome, I have a perl script that is started up with the equivelant of
autorun. It then selects a random iamge from a directory of images, and
uses xv to set the root X window to that image. Works like a charm.

I've tried several things to try to get KDE to emualte this behavior, but I
cna't seem to figure out how to get it to just leave the background
untouched. Is this possible? If not, I'll follow up with another question
about how to change the behavior of the closest thing I've foundin KDE.

Thanks.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin