As-you-type spell checking in KMail

ianseeks ianseeks at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Feb 2 20:56:05 GMT 2005

 On Wednesday 02 Feb 2005 17:41, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 04:27, ianseeks wrote:
> > I cannot find a way to activate the spell checking. The options in
> > "Control Centre/KDE Components/Spell Checker" are limited to
> > configuring it and not turning it on/off. It used to work but for some
> > reason it doesn't anymore. Any ideas where the relevant config setting
> > or file would be?
>
> The setting is in different locations for every application. For Kate, it
> is a plugin you have to activate, in KMail it is located in the
> Identities configuration and in the Tools menu of the composer.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Thomas

Thomas,

Thanks the tips. I didn't realise it was application based, i wrongly assumed
it was a system wide setting and if the application was "aware" it would use
it and ignore it if it wasn't.
The "spell" from the tools menu works fine. The actual place for enabling the
""As-you-type spell checking" is the Options menu in the Composer. The one on
the Tools menu activates an "on demand" spell check on the whole email.

regards

Ian