USB device icons related minor questions

Frank Hellmuth fhellmuth at yahoo.de
Sat Dec 31 17:29:09 GMT 2005

Hi!

I'm currently happily using my KDE 3.5, dbus 0.50, hal 0.5.5.1 & pmount 0.9.6
based setup under gentoo.

I just have two minor issues:

1) How can I change the icon for a single USB device? My iPod gets recognized
and a nice iPod icon appears on the desktop if i connect it to my computer.
My digital camera seems not to get realised as a digital camera, as the
standard USB stick icon appears. That's a little bit confusing, since it gets
the same icon as my real USB stick. Where can I change that behaviour?

2) The ipod, on the other hand, needs a "eject /dev/ipod" to stop displaying
the blinking "do not disconnect" message. I know that it's not harmfull to
remove it, when it's unmounted anyway althogh this message, but since we have
that context menu enty "Safely remove": Is it possible to add the eject to
the  context menu as we have it for CD/DVD drives?

Thanks,
Frank