sync two korganizer?

Philip Rodrigues philip.rodrigues at chch.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 27 22:47:53 GMT 2005

Dexter Filmore wrote:

> I have two machines here with kde 3.4+. is there a way to sync the
> korganizer data of both? user account names match.

I guess there are two approaches: The easier, though probably not guaranteed
one, would be to just share the files that korganizer uses to store its
data (that'll be ~/.kde/share/apps/korganizer, I guess) using NFS or
something similar (heck, you could probably share the whole homedir and get
*all* your settings synced between the two machines if you want).

The other approach would be to use one of the groupware methods available in
kontact/korganizer. There are a bunch of different methods, and IIRC, some
are as simple as a file on a ftp/fish server (rather than setting up, say,
the kolab groupware server). Take a look in the kontact and korganizer
handbooks, which will probably have some details.

Regards,
Philip