Mount problem

Bruno Castro da Silva brunocs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 23:30:03 GMT 2005

Thanks for the hints, James and Justin.

I tried to update /etc/fstab with your suggestion:

> dev/hdd        /media/cdrom0  auto   defaults,noauto,users,unhide  0 0

but it didn't work. I also tried to use a line that I used in my old redhat
system:

/dev/hdd        /media/cdrom0  udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,ro 0 0

which didn't work either.

> Some research indicates that UDF is another CD format so if your Kernel
>  has it and you need it you should probably add that as well.

Thanks, but I tried with and without UDF and it that option didn't make any
difference.

Check to see if you are in the "cdrw" group. Please note, this may not be
> the actual group name. Just `grep yourname /etc/group*` and compare the
> results. Also see if the perms on /dev/hdc match those of /dev/hdd.

I do belong to the 'cdrom' group. Permissions on /dev/hdc and /dev/hdd are
exactly the same, and I just tried to give a+rwx to both but the same error
still occurs when I insert the CDROM:

"Error while loading media:/hdd

An error occurred while loading media:/hdd:
The file or folder media:/hdd does not exist."

Any more ideas?

Thanks for the support so far!

Bruno