autologout without shutdown?

Markus Grabner grabner at icg.tu-graz.ac.at
Fri Dec 23 20:34:07 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2005 13:39 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:53, Markus Grabner wrote:
> > >
> > > It's probably controlled by each users' "Default Shutdown Action":
> > > KControl->KDE Components->Session Manager
> > > (End Session, Turn Off, or Restart)
> >
> > Unfortunately setting the default shutdown action to "end session" didn't
> > change anything, the machine still shuts down after the timeout. Any
> > other ideas?
>
> Maybe if ou configure KDM to not allow shutdown by normal users.
Ok, thanks for the hint, then indeed the machine returns to the login screen
after the timeout. However, I still want to allow users to shut down or
reboot, I just want to prevent them from indefinitely locking a machine. Is
such a configuration possible with the autologout feature?

	Kind regards,
		Markus

--
Markus Grabner - Computer Graphics and Vision
Graz University of Technology, Inffeldgasse 16/II, 8010 Graz, Austria