Desktop indexing

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Thu Dec 22 14:06:27 GMT 2005

Words by Justin Denick [Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 08:45:29AM -0500]:
> On 12/22/05, Jose Celestino <japc at co.sapo.pt> wrote:
> >
> > So, who can post me on the current state of KDE desktop
> > indexing/searching?
> >
> > I've tried Kat a while ago and it seemed bad. Nothing similar to beagle
> > (at
> > least from the demos and screenshots I saw -
>

> C'mon don't go starting up any flames
>
> I don't use gnome crap anyway).

:) Ok, you're right.

> Nobody needs that. But can't beagle be used in place of kde. Sure you'll
> need some gnomeish libs but isn't that all.

As I said haven't tried it. But gnome applications tend to be too simple in
interface, too complex in implementation. I fear the number of processes and
libs and whatever I have to install for it. And it would never integrate with
KDE, web history, mail, im, etc.

But that's not the point (and I really not here to trash on gnome).
The point is:

Is there any viable alternative for KDE?

--
Jose Celestino | http://xpto.org/~japc/files/japc-pgpkey.asc