How to correctly shutdown kde-3.5 from console?

kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Sun Dec 18 14:56:46 GMT 2005

On Sunday 18 December 2005 19:03 IST, Pavel Troller wrote:
> Please use:
>
>   dcop --user <supply your username here> ksmserver default logout 0 0 0
>
>   If issued by root, you can terminate every user's session, not only
> yours.

I don't think the --user option is really necessary, or is it? I remember
using the command without the --user option. I did have to play around with
the last 3 digits. i remember having had to use -1 somewhere there.

I am not will to shutdown my PC at the moment to test this! ;-)
--
Cheers!
kitts

Ps. There is this one annoying thing about using dcop. The parameters that
are passed to the function are not well documented. It is often unclear
which function to use and what should be the value of the parameters!

I wish utilities like kdcop would show this information as well when showing
the available commands.