Shrinking image to fit page size in 3.5 ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sun Dec 18 07:42:38 GMT 2005

Hi!
  I have some stupid questions about printing images in KDE 3.5.
  In KDE 3.4, when I attempted do print an image bigger than the page, a small
dialog window appeared with approximately the following text:
  "The image you want to print is bigger than the page. Do you want to shrink
it to fit page size?"
  ... and with buttons like "Ignore", "Shrink" and "Cancel".
  Currently, the dialog is not there and even the preview shows that the
image is not shrinked and only a part would be printed. The exception is in
kfm, where I get a small window with a slider and a page preview. But even when
I move the slider full-right, which shows in the preview that the image should
fit the page exactly, the real result is that the image is printed too small
(about 75%), sitting in the upper left corner of the paper. My paper size is
set correctly (A4). So it is an opposite situation - the image is always printed
too small.
  The ONLY program which prints perfectly, without asking or adjusting anything
manually, always adjusting the image to the page size, is kuickshow.
  Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, how to recall back the shrink option
and how to make the kfm sizing window work properly in KDE 3.5.

				               With regards, Pavel Troller