How to get greater resolution

Rikard Johnels rikard.j at rikjoh.com
Wed Dec 14 20:57:25 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 19:38, Richard Fish wrote:
> On 12/14/05, reader at newsguy.com <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
> > With the modes shown above I get no change.  If I put in modes lower
> > than 1152x1024 like 1152x864 then it has the expected result of walking
> > thru the ones on that line.
> >
> > That is why I say it won't go higher than 1152x1024.
>
> Take a look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log.  Most likely the higher resolution
> modes are being rejected, and you can look there to see why.
>
> -Richard

Does the card support higher resolutions?
The Radeon probably should, but it MIGHT be a problem of not recognizing the
amount of VideoRam availabe, and thus limiting the resolution you get.

BTW.. Tts 1600x1200 as standard. 1600x1280 is a custom size... (As far as i
recall anyhow.) That might have something to do with it too.

As mentioned in the thread; Check the logs.

--
         /Rikard

email   : rikard.j at rikjoh.com
web     : http://www.rikjoh.com
mob     : +46 (0)736 19 76 25
< 15 28 DF 78 67 98 B2 16 1F D3 FD C5 59 D4 B6 78  46 1C EE 56 >