Koqueror 3.4.2 oddity

Ralph Alvy ralvy at warpmail.net
Mon Dec 12 02:31:53 GMT 2005

Philip Rodrigues wrote:

> Ralph Alvy wrote:
>
>> I notice that (quite often) when I attempt to launch an editor (Kedit,
>> Kwrite, etc.) from within Superuser Konqueror 3.4.2 (double clicking on a
>> text file, for instance), KDE tells me it can't launch the chosen editor.
>> If I check the path for superuser, it includes the folder than contains
>> KDE executables (/opt/kde/bin). I say this happens often instead of all
>> the time because the problem is intermittent not constant.
>
> Is this from an app running as root within a user's KDE session, or
> running from a KDE session started as root?

As user, I load

        kdesu konqueror

So konqueror is now loaded as root in my user session. I then click on a
text file to edit it. Many times I'm told the editor (kwrite, kate, kedit,
etc.) can't be loaded. Many times it *does* load. I see no pattern to this.
I see this in many distros.

None of this ever happens when I load konqueror as user the normal way.