Possible GPL violation by Armorware inc

Mike mikeumo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 10 15:14:58 GMT 2005

On Sat December 10 2005 08:31, John wrote:
> I suppose the point I was trying to make is that this is a very very
> commercial world and I am not sure that the gpl offers authors sufficient
> protection from it. As to making the source available and acknowledgement
> I'm not sure that it achieves anything.

Software developers who GPL their work are (or should be) fully aware of what
the license can and cannot do for them. They accept the common consequence
that they will not be paid for their work. If someone wants to be paid one
can choose from the plenty of licenses and software companies. This situation
underscores in legal terms that GPL is not about individual profit but
community work, and many, many developers embrace it.

Mike.