how to clone settings to other machines

kitts kitts at hotpop.com
Thu Dec 8 18:14:50 GMT 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 22:35 IST, Dexter Filmore wrote:
> What would be the easiest way to clone settings to another machine?
> I got two boxen and a VM here with KDE and I'd like them to have all the
> same settings like on my main machine here. That is: konsole font setting
> (tho that changes with every new KDE anyway - consistency, please?), key
> shortcuts, enabled gestures, custom gestures, etc etc

You could copy the content of your /home/~user/ folder to the other
machines. particularly /home/~user/.kde folder as it contains config data
for the kde components.

I am interested in knowing of a something like this being done over a
network. i.e. my laptop and desktop automatically stay synchronized within
my home folder. Of course, both machines are on the same network.

Another thing i am interested in is how do i dispatch software to be
installed on all systems over a network automatically?

Sorry, the above does not belong here, i just got curious to ask.

--
Cheers!
kitts