Using a fresh 'Compose' to acknowledge reply about (& because!) ''Reply' buttons not working!

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 13:16:05 GMT 2005

Try reading up on these
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2000-Jul/1460.html
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2000-Jul/1432.html

It appears you must check your email before you can send.
Postfix is able to use something called "pop-before-smtp", this may very
well be used
by yahoo as well. What it does is force the user to check their mail, before
they can send.
This forces an authetication with the SMTP server.
Why? Checking mail has no toll on a server, and nobody could ever be harmed
by it (provided it's your mail your checking). Sending however, does take a
toll on servers, at least when it is being abused by spammers. This may
likely be the scenario you're experiencing, I think.

Good luck-
                Justin

On 12/6/05, kitts <kitts at hotpop.com> wrote:

> > > I am not sure about the services provided by your ISP but i suggest
> you
> > > look out for the words 'POP' or 'IMAP' as a service provided by them.
> > > You will need any one of these to use a local email client.
> > >
> > > To know which mail client you are using, for one thing, you can check
> > > under the help menu. The about dialogs should give you the
> information.
> > > You would also have a handbook option there that should help get on
> > > with the basic understanding.
> >
> > As far as I understand it, they are currently using the Yahoo web mail
> > interface, so their inital report that some button wasn't working in
> > Konqueror actually makes sense.
>
> OOPS! I am sorry. It did not strike to me until now! :-)
> --
> Cheers!
> kitts

Got Gentoo?

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
                -- Mark Twain