kde 3.5 differences - features or bugs

Jason Joines support at bus.okstate.edu
Wed Dec 7 21:28:40 GMT 2005

Philip Rodrigues wrote:
>>     In 3.5 I cannot resize maximized windows.  There seems to be no way
>> to grab the sides of a maximized window and drag it where I want it to go.
>>

> Control center -> desktop -> window behaviour -> moving -> allow moving and
> resizing of maximized windows.
>

>>     Also, in 3.4.2 and earlier versions the taskbar seemed to behave a
>> bit differently in window entry placement.  As an example, I might fire
>>
> <snip>
>
> No idea on this one, although I'm curious as to why it makes any difference
> what order items are in?
>
> Regards,
> Philip

    Thanks for the information about resizing.  I looked on that same
configuration tab and missed it multiple times.

    Guess the only practical difference regarding taskbar ordering is
ease of finding the just launched application.  If you have 30
applications open, launch a new one, and switch to another application
while it's launching, you expect it to be at the end of your taskbar,
not to have to go hunting through all 30 application references on the
taskbar to find it.
    Mainly, it's just personal preference.  I usually fire things up in
a particular order and have gotten used to finding them in that order.

Jason