Konqueror very slow

John john_82 at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 17:54:06 GMT 2005

Thanks but still no luck.
Changing the mtu had no effect. export KDE_NO_IPV6=1 noticabley slowed down
the lookup, changed the way the tiscali page loaded but was still very very
slow. If I then use shift F5 the load is much the same as it was before.
I have restored firfox to it's former glory and it has the same problems. It
was hanging on start up following a symbolic link to a java library installed
by following the instructions on their web site.
I have one other symptom to add if I manually check for emails with Kmail the
access light on the router blinks several times about 4 secs apart for each
address checked. Normally 4 addresses usually  take that amount of time in
total. That is why I thought that it was a line fault.
Also I have had this sort of thing before but a reboot has sorted it out. I
believe that it has only occurred following my 14 year olds use of the
computer - he may have an interest in certain aspects of Brit. Spears anatomy
etc. I'm sure that he hasn't changed settings but have wondered about hacking
etc. He did use the machine before this particular problem cropped up.

Regards
John