automounting and labels

Nico Dietrich nicodietrich at web.de
Thu Dec 1 11:01:55 GMT 2005

> hmm, does that mean I can rename something so that it will be called the
> same thing every time?

If you do

lshal | grep desired

you get something like

lshal version 0.5.3
  volume.policy.desired_mount_point = 'STORE'N'GO'  (string)
  storage.policy.desired_mount_point = 'cdrecorder'  (string)

So my USB stick has the desired mount point STORE\'N\'GO (not really
lucky with this '-things) and I guess it would be mounted by
pmount-hal to /media/STORE\'N\'GO - and always there. I think it's not
clever to rename it, but you can put symbolic links whereever you
want:

ln -s /media/STORE\'N\'GO /home/nico/usbstick

Is this, what would fullfil your needs?

Nico