A rash of blank emails - Subject always "No Subject"

Steven P. Ulrick lists at afolkey2.net
Sun Aug 28 14:44:44 BST 2005

Hello, Everyone
I am running KDE from Branch 3.5 (on Fedora Core 3) and I have been having the
following problem for a few weeks now:
(Using KMail) I have been getting a lot of "emails" in my inbox that all have
the subject line of "No Subject"  They all range in size from 3 B to 297 B
(according to the Size column in KMail)  They either have no content at all,
or they have something like this in the body:

°.)
8“íº“

I just discovered this one:
H—"
àY
 <½
0Œ»
@JÛ    (
ðY
x
ð^
ˆb
èw

That last one did not paste exactly like it appeared in the email itself, but
it's close enough.

Many of the headers, at the most, look exactly like this:

They either look like that, or there are no headers.

I can't remember exactly when this started happening, but I do know that
before I switched back to KMail from sylpheed-claws, I never saw any messages
like this.

Realizing that because of the nature of this problem I haven't provided much
detail, feel free to ask me for whatever information that you feel might be
useful in fixing this.

Have a Great Day,
Steven P. Ulrick