kdm 3.4.2 not obeying kcontrol

Mikhail Ramendik mr at ramendik.ru
Mon Aug 22 22:37:40 BST 2005

Hello,

I am using RH9, with kde from kde-redhat.org. I have updated kde from 3.2.2 to
3.4.2.

And now kdm has some fixed view, with a gray full-screen background and no
list of users - whatever I set in kcontrol! The background that I set there
seems to "flash" when I log on. And I can't get the list of users even though
I have set it up in kcontrol.

The menus are at the lower left end of the screen, while the netry fields for
the username and password are in the center; it may be that a window that
should be in the center gets open on the entire screen, but even in that
case, where's the user list?..

What can I do about this?

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik