kommander issues

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Wed Aug 17 18:43:26 BST 2005

On Wed August 17 2005 03:47, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 12.19, Steve Evans wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 Aug 2005 09:23, Christian Mueller wrote:
> >
> > At work, where I have kommander installed, this displays the help for
> > kommander. The location bar displays help:/kommander/index.html which
> > suggests to me that the docbook file is being converted to html on the
> > fly for display in konqueror.
>
> Sort of.
>
> > A quick google reveals a KDE command line program called meinproc that
> > can convert docbook to html, maybe this is used. Perhaps the OP can use
> > this to display the help in firefox?
>
> Please see my other reply, but the short answer is yes, meinproc will
> generate HTML, but it's targetted at khelpcenter and the help:/ kioslave,
> so it's not going to be too pretty in firefox anyway.  At minimum the
> graphics and stylesheets will not be found.   Some of the boilerplate links
> such as those to license info will also be missing.
>
> It's possible to generate a version that doesn't use the help:/ kioslave,
> but that's probably overcomplicating things because... you can in any case
> read the kommander (and any other application from the KDE project)  help
> online here:
> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdewebdev/kommander/index.html
>
> Regards,
under firefox, help: /kommander/ returns an invalid url messagebox.
under konqueror,  I go a message saying the help files could not be found and
they may not be installed.   Maybe this is whe the help in konqueror does not
work.  I think I saw the .bz2 (?) file you referred to.

--
John R. Sowden
AMERICAN SENTRY SYSTEMS, INC.
mail at americansentry.net